While it is easier to pick up a six-pack container of tomatoes at your local garden center, you can do so much more if you were to grow your very own organic garden seed at home. Here are five reasons why you need to make your own organic garden seed.
1. Nurseries only have a certain selection of plants throughout the year because they will only stock plants that will sell. If you decided to grow your own organic garden seed, your selection would increase dramatically. Your selection is basically limitless.
2. Since you won’t have to wait on local nurseries to get your plants in stock so that you can buy them, you can plant your organic garden seed earlier. Not only can you jump-start your gardening season, but you can also get your blooms and harvest started earlier in the season. This means you get to enjoy beautiful flowers and fresh produce a lot sooner!
3. You can save money by growing your own organic garden seed. Think about it. Sure, you need to buy containers and other seed starting supplies; however, you won’t be going to the local garden center to purchase that six-pack of plants or flowers every year, which can prove to be expensive if you really sit down and figure it up. You can get a packet of seeds for a fraction of the cost! In fact, you can get it for pennies on the dollar – literally!
4. Have you ever thought about how long those store bought plants and flowers have actually sat at the store? Probably not because you never really thought it mattered. However, the longer they sit, the more the quality of your produce suffers. By growing your organic garden seed at home, you can rest assured that you have healthy and strong transplants that will grow into delicious produce and beautiful flowers. Ultimately, you will control the quality of your plants with organic garden seed grown at home.
5. You won’t ever have to worry about chemicals being used again. Often, chemicals are used with plants in the early stages of growth and then gardeners purchase these plants and organically take care of them at home. However, by growing your own organic garden seed at home, you can make sure that chemicals are never used from start to finish ensuring that you have 100% organic produce from seed to fruit or seed to flower.
As you can see, growing your own organic garden seed is very beneficial in just about every aspect.
More useful information: